A fun traveling experience

Hi everyone! :slight_smile:
I would like to share a funny experience with you guys, that I and my sister had to go through whenever we were going to see our relatives in different countries, especially in the Philippines.
Our mother is Filipina and as good balikbayans (our way to call a Filipino coming back from abroad) we always bring Italian gifts with us. Some of the things that our relatives like us to bring them are Italian chocolate, salame, wine, and pandoro (a traditional Christmas cake of Verona).
Our mother likes to defy every regulation, especially when traveling :joy:, you guys probably already know where this is going… but, long story short she always likes exceeding our allowed weight. She always wants to make sure everyone gets what they asked for, which is nice until you find yourself at customs :joy: :joy: :joy:
And then the day that I dreaded the most came. My mom had stuffed a couple of gifts for my aunt, in my luggage, without me knowing anything about it. Once we got to our final destination a customs police officer called me aside to inspect my luggage. To my biggest ever shock I found myself in front of grapes and green apples. :joy: Needless to say I was taken by surprise and beyond embarassed. I remember being asked why was I bringing fruits with me, and for the life out of me, I don’t know what gave me the courage, but with the biggest attitude I threw a
image and literally said “Well sir, I am particular about my food, I can only eat Italian grapes and apples and so there you go. Italian grapes and apples, sir.”
They obviously caught on to my lie, but still, let me go.

What about you guys, what are some of your funny experiences?? Can’t wait to hear them!

1 Like

:joy: I love reading about funny experiences :smiley:

1 Like