Best songs to learn French

Hi guys !
What are some good French songs that you like adding to your playlist for training your French? :radio:

I personally like a lot Je veux from Zaz and Alors on danse from Stromae. :musical_note:
Any other recommendations?

2 Likes

Hi! I think some songs that are easy to understand and beautiful too are “La jeune fille aux cheveux blancs” by Camille, “Sous le ciel de Paris” but the Zaz version, “Balance ton quoi” by Angèle (I love her :star_struck:).

4 Likes

Ohh! I love Stromae, my favorite song is “Formidable” which in English can be translated as “Amazing”.
I also like Indila very much and her song “Dernière Danse” which means “Last Dance”.
Maître GIMS is also a great artist but the French in his songs is not the simplest :musical_note:

2 Likes

I once heard a version of a Stromae song that’s called “La pluie” from The Voice France and I loved it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I love Maître GIMS too but I don’t think it’s the best choice to start :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I love the songs of Mylène Farmer, especially Désenchantée. And this love came from my mom who is her fan. So her songs have been with me since my childhood :heartpulse:

2 Likes

My favorite French song is “sur ma rute” from Black M.

2 Likes

A huge Mylene fan here. Pretty sure I own all her studio albums. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s a few: Patricia Kaas “Jojo”, Joe Dassin “Salut”, Salvatore Adamo “Tombe la neige”, Lara Fabian “Je t’aime”, Mylene Farmer “Tristana”, “California”. :wink:

1 Like

Its a bit complicated but I like french rap. Ive been listening to elvis romeo. Although I am a a2 level it helps me hear how french is assembled in a less formal manner so its good listening practice once you have a generally good grasp on the french sounds and first 2000 words. Then when you hear french news all the sudden it sounds clean Nd easier to understand.

1 Like

The more you listen to the language the more you will start understanding! :smiley: