Easily find shows from 1 specific country

Hola! I’m just starting my Lingopie adventure and I’m super excited! I feel like I’ve reached a plateau and cant seem to past it and be more comfortable in conversational spanish.

I’m in Mexico right now and would like to focus on Mexican Shows or series.

So far, I see a loooot from Argentina, Spain or Chili… Is it just me? Am I missing something in the research possibilities?
Anyone has a way of finding them easily?

Muchas gracias :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I also searched for a possibility to filter the countries, but didn’t find other than putting the country’s name in the search field. I think that’s the only way how one does it.

In my case, I was looking for shows from Spain, but to be honest I don’t think the flags are reliable, I encountered several series where they pronounced y and ll as french j (Argentinian pronunciation) and using ustedes for colloquial stuff instead of vosotros which were supposed to be Spanish from Spain.

Now that I’ve filtered I actually realized that the series I talked about are not there when I search for “Spain”… But when I search through Dashboard, they still have the Spain-Flag. …hm some mysterious things going on there…?

I recently wrote the Help-Center about it to find out if the flags really mean what we think. I’ll write here again when I’ll get an answer.

1 Like

Thanks so much Selina.

Would love for you to share your answer, if you get it.

I’ll try it to, and we’ll see. :slight_smile:

Do you like cartoons? Jaime’s got tentacles is easy
Oswaldo is marked as easy but is harder.
both are from mexico.

1 Like

when i say they are from mexico i mean that is where the translation is from. i think oswaldo originated in Australia or something.

1 Like

Same here. I’d like to be able to see content from more places, especially considering how unique the Argentinian accent is (at least to my novice ear). I’d like content from places that have “flatter” accents, like Central America.

1 Like

I am watching a travel series called “Xino Xano en El Salvador” that’s fun!

1 Like

Hi Everybody,

The flags indicate that the dialect people in the show speak is from that country.

You can watch a variety of shows on Lingopie if you’re looking to learn Mexican Spanish.

Here are my recommendations:

1. Special Mexican food tour: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
  2. Cindy & Maite: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
  3. An Arab in Mexico: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
  4. Oswaldo: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
  5. Boj: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
  6. Yoko: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
  7. Untamed nature: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
  8. Traveling around Mexico: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
  9. Unfollow: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie

I hope this helps :slight_smile: