Frohe Weihnachten!

:christmas_tree: Christmas is finally here, so we want to wish you a wonderful day from Lingopie! :santa:t2:

What are some of your favourite German Christmas traditions? :de:

How do you wish someone a Frohe Weihnachten (Merry Christmas) in your country and what are some of your personal traditions during this time of the year? :gift:

We’d love to know!

4 Likes

Frohe Weihnachten! :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:
One of my favorite German Christmas traditions is definitely going to the Christmas markets! Unfortunately, there are none where I live, but I spent once Christmas in Germany, and couldn’t get enough of going around the market drinking ‘Glühwein’ :heart:.
Here in Argentina, we say ‘Feliz Navidad’ and one of my personal traditions is watching a Christmas movie the day of Christmas Eve!
I would love to know which are your personal Christmas traditions! Merry Christmas! :christmas_tree: :heart:

3 Likes

Fröhliche Weihnachten :christmas_tree:
Christmastime for me is definitely a family time, with lots of good food and visits from family and friends.
When I was a child my Dad took us for a ski trip and when we came back, Mom had everything prepared: the Christmas tree, the meal and of course all the presents.
After dinner, Dad always told us the Christmas story about Jesus’ birth, and then we sang German Christmas songs. Kind of Christmas magic :sparkles:

3 Likes

Yes, Christmas movies are the best!!

2 Likes

That sounds amazing :star_struck:

2 Likes