Futuro semplice e futuro anteriore - Simple future and future anterior

Hi guys, the difference between the simple future (futuro semplice) and the future anterior (futuro anteriore).

:arrow_right:The simple future tense indicates an action, an event that has yet to occur (example: Next year I will get married - L’ anno prossimo mi sposerò)
The simple future can also indicate:
:small_blue_diamond:a supposition, in this case the future tense is used to express an action that is intended to be presented in a doubtful form, not certain, supposed : The phone rings. It will be the aunt. - Suona il telefono. Sarà la zia.
:small_blue_diamond: an order: You will do what I say. - Farai quello che dico
:small_blue_diamond: perplexity, uncertainty, in its meaning often indicates limitations of consent: It will be as you say, but I’m not convinced. - Sarà come dici, ma non ne sono convinta.

:arrow_right:The future anterior indicates a future event, which is however prior to another future event (example: When you have finished reading the book, you will give me your opinion - Quando avrai finito di leggere il libro, mi darai il tuo parere).
The future anterior is formed with the simple future of the auxiliaries to be or to have plus the past participle of the verb.
:small_blue_diamond:For example, with the verb TO BE - ESSERE :
I will have been - io sarò stato
you will have been - tu sarai stato
he/she will have been - lui/lei sarà stato
we will have been - noi saremo stati
you will have been - voi sarete stati
they will have been - loro saranno stati

2 Likes

This is very interesting! :slight_smile: