German Stereotypes

Hello! I recently finished the show ‘Stereotyp’, and I loved the theme. I think it is really original, I’ve never seen any show like this one! I really like that each country’s stereotypes are dismantled and explained! There is no German episode, so I was wondering which could be some German stereotypes​:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle: Can you think of any? Comment down below!!

4 Likes

My perception of the Germans is that they are very precise, organized and punctual. I would also say that they are a bit cold but they love beer. :beers:
Obviously everyone is different and this is only my perception :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I agree with Deborah, they would definitely tackle the stereotypes of Germans drinking too much beer and being very organized. :beer:
I think there would also be something about lederhosen, that somehow are seen as typical of Germany, when in fact they belong only to a part of it. :
And of course, the fact that the whole world seem to think that German is a very shouty and agressive languange :laughing:

4 Likes

As a German I was asked by many people if I shave my armpits.
In the 80ies there was a internationally famous singer called Nena (99 red balloons) who happened to have hair under her arms. That apparently left the rest of the world thinking that no German woman shaves…

4 Likes

We are also not all tall blonds with blue eyes …

4 Likes

The stereotype I would definetly tackle is that Germans are cold people. I had te opportunity to do a student exchange when I was still in highschool and my host family was the sweetest!! They were always hugging me and asking me " Bist du heimweh?" (do you miss home?). :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The second one, would be that germans don’t have a sense of humor. Although I have to agree it’s very different from ours, they are very funny and silly and come up with the craziest ideas. :partying_face:

2 Likes