Happy Valentine’s Day in Spanish. Phrases + Vocabulary

Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to spend a nice day with your friends and partner (that is if you’re not single!), but also to practise your Spanish in a real situation. So with that in mind, in this article, I’ll teach you how to say Happy Valentine’s Day in Spanish :heart_eyes:

I’ve also included phrases and vocabulary that you can use during this holiday.

In Spanish, Valentine’s day is called ‘Día de San Valentín’, which is basically a direct translation. However, people in Mexico and some Latin American countries refer to this holiday as ‘Día del Amor y la Amistad’, which means ‘Day of Love and Friendship’.

Some of the most popular and standard phrases people use to wish others a Happy Valentine’s day in Spanish are:

• ¡Feliz Día del Amor y la Amistad!
  • ¡Feliz Día de San Valentín!
  • ¡Feliz Día de la Amistad!
  • ¡Te deseo un feliz San Valentín!
  • ¡Ten un bonito Día de San Valentín!
  • ‘¡Te deseo un feliz San Valentín!’ – ‘I wish you a happy Valentine’s Day’
  • ‘¡Ten un bonito Día de San Valentín!’ – ‘Have a beautiful Valentine’s day’.

You can use the names ‘Día del Amor y la Amistad’ and ‘Día de San Valentín’ interchangeably and the meaning of the phrases won’t change much, but consider that ‘Día de San Valentín’ is mostly used in Spain, while ‘Día del Amor y la Amistad’ is more common in American Spanish-speaking countries.

• ‘Feliz Día de San Valentín, mi amor’– ‘Happy Valentine’s Day, babe.’
  • ‘¡Te extrañé! Feliz Día de la Amistad atrasado.’–‘I missed you! Happy belated Valentine’s Day.’
  • ‘¡Feliz Día del Amor y la Amistad! Te compré un regalo.’– ‘Happy Valentine’s Day! I bought you a present.’

And you, how do you celebrate the Day of Love and Friendship? :thinking:

1 Like

Feliz día de la amistad, everyone!

1 Like

¡Feliz Día del Amor y la Amistad!
I love the fact that friendship is also included in this day. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi! :wave: That really caught my attention, that there are some countries that they celebrate it the same day. Because in Argentina we celebrate it in two different days: February 14th Valentine’s Day and July 20th “Friend Day” (día del amigo) :hugs: