How can I make learning a language more exciting?

Hi there! I recently started to learn a new language on my own. I’m quite a lazy person, and though I try my best to keep learning it, I tend to notice I lack motivation to do so. Sometimes I feel like quitting because I can’t see the results right away. I was hoping someone could offer me some advice on how to make the learning process a bit more interesting. :smiley: :blush: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Hi Paloma!
I would suggest you to watch as many shows as possible, together with listening to music and translating them. The most effective way to learn a language is to have fun while studying it.
Moreover I would suggest joining some conversation groups with native speakers. It will help for sure.
I hope it was helpful :relieved:

4 Likes

Hi!
Watching shows is definitely a great way to improve your language. Choose something that you think you will enjoy (you can browse the shows in the genres you prefer!) and give yourself time.
I think sometimes we get easily frustrated, but the best way is to set an easy goal so that you don’t get discouraged, like dedicating 10 minutes a day to watching a short film or listening to music in that language, and sticking to it.
The results will not be immediate, but I once you start noticing them you will feel great! :raised_hands:t5:

4 Likes