How does the flash card system work?

Can you explain how the flash card system works? I’m used to Anki and apps that are similar and schedule reviews for you and you have complete control over how often cards are presented etc. How does it work here?

1 Like

Hi!

This is how it works: When watching a show you can click on any word in the interactive subtitles. By clicking on a word you will get an instant translation and the word will automatically become a flashcard. You can review your flashcards whenever you want by clicking the top icon in the center of your screen.
Moreover you can click the “review&practice” button in the left side menu to review any show flashcards you’ve watched previously.
Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. :slight_smile:

I’ll be going back to Anki I think. I love how this system links to the movie where you found the word but otherwise the review system here is pretty basic and there’s not much control. I’d like spaced repetition or at least a Leitner option. I want to review words not just once and then never look at them again - they need to be reviewed over the space of several months to learn them and I’d have to track that myself which is a pain. Granted, I don’t really know how your system works because there’s no documentation or tutorial showing how to use it to study. At first glance it seems like a simple vocabulary list (with sentences and video) and you can just go through the list and mark everything known or unknown. And go through the whole list from start to finish before reviewing any words again (maybe?). But in addition to the “No Idea” and “I know” options there is an option “Not Sure.” I really don’t understand what happens when I hit this. I could just go through all my flash cards a few times to get an idea of what’s happening but I already have 98 words on my list. It’s a lot of work and that’s after watching just two episodes. The list of words will only grow more and more if I keep watching more shows. So I need to try to learn 98 cards at once? I might be misunderstanding this?

1 Like

Hi!

We are currently working on a new system of practice and review.
Also, feel free to jump on a call with our product manager and give him all your feedback. :slight_smile:
The meeting can be booked here: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/selfsched?sstoken=UUJGWVRZWHRhSzdffGRlZmF1bHR8YTEwOTk0ZjcwMmZiZmNhZjczOTc3MTVmYTE4ODE4ZjM