Is your listening improving? Success stories? Anyone?

Hi All,

For those who have been using LingoPie for a while, have you noticed an improvement in your listening skills? Are you using subtitles less? Can you understand more?

Let me know. I’m trying out the platform for one week and I would love to read about some success stories.

Sometimes, I fear watching TV in a foreign language because it feels like no matter how hard I try, I just can’t get past a certain level. So, I would like to hear from you guys, to see how this platform has worked out for you.

Look forward to reading your stories.

1 Like

Hi!
Even though learning with TV may not seem as effective as other methods, in my experience it really worked. I learned Spanish through music and tv shows.
My suggestion is to start watching some episodes with both English and Spanish subtitles.
After watching a few episodes, (and getting a sense of the show’s context ) you can watch the same episodes with Spanish subtitles. Click on as many words you feel are needed to understand a sentence. The more words you click the more you will learn.
The most important thing is to have fun and choose a show that interests you.
Learning through TV you will hear real native speaking the language and you will learn dialects, accent, way of saying, the culture and much more!!