Latin spanish movies and shows?

Hi,

I’m in the middle of my 7 day trial so I’m hoping I can get some help before I have to make the decision to keep it. I’m learning Latin Spanish (Mexico). When I do a search for Mexico, I get about 20 results. Half are cartoons and the other half documentaries. I’m kinda disappointed in the selection…I was expecting hundreds of results. I really want to find some adult movies and shows instead of kids stuff. I don’t want to learn Spain Spanish so what other countries do I search for? I don’t even see a way to filter searches. For example how do I just search movies?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Jon

1 Like

Hi!
If you are studying Latin American Spanish, Lingopie has plenty of shows from Argentina and Colombia. At the moment we don’t have a filter search but it is one of our next steps.
Here are some recommendations of good adult movies I recommend from Argentina:
Immature: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
A year without us: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
In the clouds: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
On the table: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
A matter of tea: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
Free time: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
Letters to my ex: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
Good telenovelas from Colombia:
No boobs no paradise: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
Made in Cartajena: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie

Good luck!! I hope this was helpful :grinning:

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I’ll check those out.

1 Like

If you’re looking for one from Mexico, a quick one is Cindy y Maite. It’s a short series, but it was cute and had the exact kind of Spanish I was looking for. I also would love to see more content from Mexico since I live here now.

2 Likes

Thanks Emily! I’ve been having a hard time. I tried one of the ones in the list that was posted and they were using “vos” which I believe is not latin spanish.

1 Like

Hi! :slight_smile:
Vos it is a from used in Latin American countires.
In Spain they use “Tu”.

From what I understand, vos is used in Spain, not really Latin America. It’s kind of like ustedes. Yeah, it’s a concept I’m not ready to tackle yet. I’m still working on the billions of Latin American conjugations, don’t want to throw in one more that I’m not planning on using in the near future. I’ll work on that when I visit Spain :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vos and tú are used in latin america. (in some regions of latin america, vos is more intimate than Tú.). It’s used in 2/3 of latin america, extensively in Argentina. I believe vos is used in the southern most region of mexico too,

Tú and VOSOTROS/VOSOTRAS are used in spain and vosotros the second person plural informal. It is used similarly to tú, but it is for 2 or more people in informal situations, those that you are on a first name basis with. You would only use ustedes in formal situations of 2 or more people. If you are going to Spain or are watching a lot of Spain programs, you will want to get very familiar with it and the verb conjugations. Some of the best shows on lingopie are from spain!

Since you mentioned practicing (so many!) verb conjugations, a tip about the best tool I have used is the verb conjugation drill on spanishdict.com. You can customize it any time for specific verb tenses, categories (Regular AR, Regular ER, Regular IR, Stem-changing and Irregular) and of course which pronouns to use (add VOS and Vosotros!). It will get you really proficient, real quick. The best part is you can use it for free.

I am far from being an expert on them, but this is what I know about the differences between vos and vosotros. Hope it helps some. - Ed Baker

1 Like

HI Ed!
I find this explanation to be very helpful, thank you!!

Ah yep I definitely got vos and vosotros confused. Neither are really used in Mexico City. Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like