Le Calde Arrosto - typical snack for winter!

Another year start and with it… the Winter is arrived (not more coming :sweat_smile:).

In this period, we have different kind of weather in the distinct regions but, one thing is really common to find in almost all of them: le calde arrosto.

What is that?

Is really simple: some chestnuts, with a superficial cut, putted on fire. The secret is to always sauté the pan, so the nuts will not burn.
When you see that almost all of them has a small burned part, you can say that your calde arrosto are ready.

Ah! If you are in Italy, this is considered a street food on urban zones. And what your favorite winter snack? Write about on the comments :snowflake:

:it:
Versione Italiana
Un altro anno inizia e con esso… l’inverno è arrivato (non più in arrivo).

In questo periodo, abbiamo condizioni climatiche diverse nelle diverse regioni, ma una cosa è davvero comune in quasi tutte: le calde arrosto.

Che cosa sono?

È davvero semplice: delle castagne con un taglio superficiale, messe a fuoco. Il segreto è saltare sempre la padella, così le noci non si bruciano completamente. Quando vedete che quasi tutte hanno una piccola parte bruciata, potete dire che le calde arrosto sono pronte.

Se sei in Italia, questo è considerato uno street food nelle zone urbane. E qual è il tuo snack invernale preferito? Scrivi nei commenti.

2 Likes

Omg!!!
I miss them so much, I love them!!! they are my favorite snack during winter.
In Milan it is must. You simply walk on the street and you can buy them anywhere without stopping and they are so tasty!!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I absolutely love them!
Growing up me and my grandma would go and pick chestnuts in the forest and cook them on top of the stove or by the fire place!
So many good memories :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yes, I remember the flavor that this street food put on the street of Rome. Unforgettable! :star_struck:

Wow, it’s really good when someone in your family just makes the traditions stay alive, don’t you think so? Especially when is a grandma love involved :heart_eyes: