New Year's Traditions

New Year is around the corner and here we’ll show you certain traditions of some countries :blush:

What traditions are customary in your family? What others come to mind? What other Latin American country do you want to learn about? :thinking:

We hope you have a wonderful New Year :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Feliz año nuevo!!! :raised_hands:

My favorite tradition is the Spanish one. I learned it not too long ago and I found it very funny.
People usually record them eating the 12 grapes, and I like to have 12 wishes.

In Italy we dress in RED for the New Year. This is because the ancient Romans at the time of Octavian Augustus wore it as a symbol of power, fertility, health and wealth, it was also considered the color of passion, energy and luck. :heartbeat:

1 Like

I like to spend new year`s eve in my pijamas drinking a cold cup of milk and eating cookies. LOL

2 Likes

Hi! I find the Spanish one also quite funny and I wonder how they can eat 12 grapes in a short period of time without choking themselves :sweat_smile:
I didn’t know the reason for the Italian tradition but I find it really interesting! :hugs:
In Argentina people tend to dress in red for the Christmas Eve, but I don’t know the reason why :thinking:

1 Like

Hi! That’s a wonderful and perfect way to start the New Year :grin:

1 Like

Feliz año nuevo para todos! :hugs: I hope you are all starting 2022 as best as possible!

Although it isn’t a tradition, here we usually spend new year’s eve with family, and then we meet up with friends after midnight to drink everything that’s left :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :champagne: :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Hi! I’ve forgotten about that tradition, I mean getting together with friends after the toast and kept on drinking :sweat_smile:

2 Likes