Russian Superstitions!

Did you know that Russian people are quite superstitious? :four_leaf_clover: Here are some basic superstitions almost every Russian believes in:

:money_with_wings: Don’t whistle in the house, or your money will fly away.
:woman_with_veil: Don’t sit on the corner of the table, or you won’t get married for seven years.
:luggage: To “sit for the road”, to sit for a while before traveling.
:mirror: To look in the mirror if you come home after you’ve just left.
:thought_balloon: If you have hiccups, it means someone is remembering you.
:interrobang: If you don’t recognize someone you know, he’ll be rich.
:raised_hand: If the right palm itches, it means profit, but the left palm means loss.
:business_suit_levitating: If you sit between people with the same name, immediately make a wish. :business_suit_levitating:
:purse: If you are gifting a purse, always put some money in it, so that it will never be empty.
:plate_with_cutlery: Broken dishes are to happiness.
:bouquet: To always give an odd number of flowers.

Did you know any of these superstitions? Do you believe in any?

1 Like

Superstitions are a great part of cultures.
I personally don’t believe in superstitions. However in Italy we say that opening an umbrella indoors brings bad luck and I never did that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha there are some superstitions that have already become part of our daily life and we keep them without thinking! :joy:

1 Like

Thanks. Funny. My Russian wife confirmed all of these and apparently has been doing some of them without me knowing. Sitting on floor before trip, looking in mirror when she comes in house, etc.
The only one I knew about was the whistling in the house because I did it and she went ballistic.

1 Like