Some of the Russian words that only the citizens of my home town will understand

Heeeeey :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Did you know that there are some words that describe the common things but they are used only in one region? :face_with_monocle:

I am from Volgograd, the city of the southern Russia. And we have the words that define you as a Volgograd citizen immediately. Here are top 5 of them:

1. :small_blue_diamond: :large_blue_diamond: ГРЯДУШКА :large_blue_diamond: :small_blue_diamond:

Грядушка [grya’du:shka] - is a bed headboard.

There is even a bar in the center of the city called “Грядушка” which is quite popular :star_struck:

2. :small_blue_diamond: :large_blue_diamond: КУШЕРИ :large_blue_diamond: :small_blue_diamond:

Кушери [kushe’ri:] - is thick bushes that seem to be dangerous to go through.

3. :small_blue_diamond: :large_blue_diamond: СИНЕНЬКИЕ :large_blue_diamond: :small_blue_diamond:

Синенькие ['sinenkiye] - are eggplants. This word derives from the word “синий” which means “blue”.

4. :small_blue_diamond: :large_blue_diamond: РАСТЫКА :large_blue_diamond: :small_blue_diamond:

Растыка [ras’tyka] - is a clumsy person.

5. :small_blue_diamond: :large_blue_diamond: КУЛЯ :large_blue_diamond: :small_blue_diamond:

Пучок [pu’chɔːk] - is a type of hairstyle in which the hair is pulled back from the face, twisted or plaited, and wrapped in a circular coil around itself.

I hope it was interesting for you to know such things :blush: And I really would like to know if you have such regional words in your language :hugs:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Really? I’ve never heard of these words before.
But now my word of the month is going to be Грядушка :sweat_smile: