The 4 Most Amazing Latin American Festivities

Latin America, despite being so large and with very different cultures, has deep-rooted traditions. In each area there are ancestral customs that give rise to festivals and celebrations of great intensity.

That’s why here we’ll show you the four most amazing celebrations in Latin America:

1. Carnivals in Brazil :brazil:

Carnival is a festival that’s celebrated worldwide, but Brazil is the place that does it with more intensity. They go back to 1840 and are so big that between all the parades they can have a length of more than 62336 feet (approximately 19 kilometers).

1. Day of the Dead in Mexico (Día de los Muertos) :mexico:

It’s a Mexican celebration to honour their beloved ones who passed away. In this festivity there’s a mixture of different cultures: the Mayan, the Aztec and the Christian. Despite its name, it’s a totally joyful tradition in which it’s shared, in a positive way, with the dead people.

1. The Flower Fair in Colombia (Feria de las Flores) :colombia:

The essence of the celebration revolves around the character of Paisa culture and celebrates the flourishing of customs and life in general of the region and its resident race. About 500 festive events take place.

This festival is a great ethnic, cultural and historical icon of the city and the area. It’s a very beautiful event to enjoy the colourful flowers and their scent, as well as peace, fun and joy.

1. The Grape Harvest Festival in Argentina (Fiesta de la Vendimia) :argentina:

It’s a traditional and popular tradition that crowns the end of the grape harvest and its transformation into wine, due to the hard work of the wine growers. It’s celebrated between February 28th and March 7th in the city of Mendoza.It’s one of the oldest Argentinian festivals. Even though it’s celebrated throughout the whole world, this one from Argentina stands out because of its beauty and spectacularity.

All are such beautiful celebrations that you have to live them not only see them. Which one catches your attention the most? Which country would you like to visit? :airplane:

4 Likes

Even though I’m from Argentina I haven’t been able to attend the Fiesta de la Vendimia yet! :sob: They even select a “Reina de la Vendimia”, something like a “Miss Grape Harvest”, and they also have allegorical cars parading through the streets.

The best I could do was to attend a salami festival (“Fiesta Nacional del Salame Quintero”) :slightly_frowning_face: … The food was great, though! :rofl:

All of these festivities sound so beautiful! Hopefully someone can share their experiences :blush:

2 Likes

They all sound so much fun!! :heart_eyes:
I would love to go see them all, but if I had to pick one, I would chose Día de los Muertos.
I have watched this documentary once, showing what it normally looks like and what people do and I have been obsessed ever since! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

What a great post :heart_eyes: I want to go to all of them! :grin:

2 Likes

I love Carnival, in Mexico or Argentina also drink Caipirinhas? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Hi! I haven’t gone to the Fiesta de la Vendimia either, but I hope some day I could :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I went to the Fiesta Nacional de la Manzana (in Rio Negro) and it was amazing! I wish I could go to all the festivities (nationally and worldwide)! :fireworks:

2 Likes

Hi! I’d love to go to that festivity too! I’m fascinated with the Mexican cuture :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope someday I could have the chance to visit that beautiful country and enjoy that colorful festivity :fireworks: And I hope you can go too and have fun! :dizzy:

1 Like

Hi!! Thanks!! :relaxed: I really want to go to all of them too! I hope some day I could go to all festivities worldwide :dizzy: I had a professor that whenever she asked you something and you said “no” (for instance, have you travelled abroad? and you said “no”, she replied. “not yet”). I love that, so not yet, but someday :fireworks:

1 Like

Hi!! Have you ever been in Mexico? I’d love to visit that country, I’m fascinated with it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m more of the fernet team, but I’d like to try the Caipirinhas :see_no_evil: What do you like most about Carnivals?

1 Like

There are more family like traditions celebrated about harvests in Brazil. Carnaval is actually a very dangerous time.

3 Likes