Tongue Twister in a show

I saw posts in other languages for tongue twisters and I found one in a Spanish show that I consider a tongue twister. Listening to it at speed was hard enough, but if I could ever repeat it as quickly as the actress, i would consider it an achievement. Besides the difficulty (for me), I absolutely love the line. It is in The Continental, episode 7, 36 minutes in to the show.

Bueno, porque los hombres son como la sarna. Te pica, te rascas y cuanto más te pica, más te rascas. Y mientras más te rascas, más te pica. Y al final, te desgarras la piel, te sangra, pero Clara, yo necesito ese picor.

And the English translation:

Well, because men are like scabies. it itches, you scratch, and the more it itches you, the more you scratch. And the more you scratch, the more it itches. And in the end, you tear your skin, it bleeds, but Clara, I need that itch.

Anyone know any good ones? - Ed

4 Likes

Hi👋 I remember one I used to say with my sister the whole time:

María Chucena techaba su choza.
Pasa un techador y le dice: “María Chucena, ¿por qué está techando su choza?”
-“Yo no techo mi choza ni la ajena, yo techo la choza de María Chucena”.

In English it doesn’t seem to be or even sound as a tongue twister. This is because the [-CH] sound which can be seen in the Spanish version, in the English one is lost, but here it’s the translation:
María Chucena was roofing her hut.
A roofer passed by and said: “María Chucena, why are you roofing your hut?
-I don’t roof my hut or someone else’s, I roof María Chucena’s hut”.

3 Likes

Yes! I remember one I used to practice a lot when I was a kid so that now I can say it really fast :rofl: :

• “Poquito a poquito, Copete empaqueta poquitas copitas en este paquete”

In this case, Copete is some kind of name/nickname, so the English translation would be: “Little by little, Copete packages few glasses in this package” :wine_glass: :package:

4 Likes

@Florencia I practiced this one a couple times last night and then watched episode 9 of The Continental. The word ¨choza¨ came up in the story., I had never seen before. It registered instantly and I didn’t have to mark it as a new word. Also an interesting use of the word ¨ajena¨ in this tongue twister that I hadn’t seen used in this context. Very helpful (and fun!).

Thanks - Ed

2 Likes

El cielo está enladrillado, ¿quién lo desenladrillará?. El desenladrillador que lo desenladrille buen desenladrillador será.

Good luck​:sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes