Two short films about the family

Today I would like to recommend two short films we have on Lingopie. Both are about family, but there is a little difference: one is funny and idealistic, and the other, harsh and I guess more realistic.

First, “The Newbie”. A large, messy family discovers a new, unidentified child who is practically non-verbal and can’t explain to them where he came from. Little by little he begins to bring peace, tranquility and happiness to the family, to such an extent that they wonder if it is worth getting rid of him.

A beautiful movie to watch with your family and have a good laugh.
Link: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie

Second, “The Loved Ones”. This film is also about family, but in a more raw way. A woman arranges the funeral of her mother, whom she has been caring for closely. She is forced to reunite with her brothers and stepfather, who for years were somehow absent, and now intend to keep part of the inheritance.

A film of conflict and drama, which makes one wonder who is really family, and who is not.
Link: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie

And you, have you seen these movies? Which one did you like the most? I liked them both in different ways and I found them very well done, but personally I prefer “The Newbie”. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Super interesting!
I love the 2 plots and I find them fascinating :tv: families can be a very sensitive issue where relationships are complex. I will watch them soon and let you know which one was my favorite.
Thank you for the recommendations :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I totally agree about the sensitivity of the family issue!
I hope you enjoy these short films :heart:

1 Like

I just started watching The Loved Ones and had to take a break, because I wanted to thump my computer, I got so cross with the grasping family! I shall finish it tomorrow, and look forward to the Newbie. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seeing them in that order is the best idea! Newbie is perfect to remove some bitterness that remains after watching The Loved Ones. Hope you like them, though! :wink:

1 Like