What video for real Spanish beginner

Hello,

I am a really new learner and I try with a video for kids as a video suggested by the robot. But the first episode is about 12 mins… and of course with many vocabularies and grammar rules.

Then I try to do my best by 12 mins… is to hight to begin.
May be I did not catch how to work.

Can you give me explanation of advice. To be sure that I will go on the right direction and avoid stopping to learn. just because the level is to high with too much rules and vocabularies to memorize.

Thanks for reading and for your help.

Watashinoketsui.
Regards,

1 Like

Hi! Maybe you can try to understand the expression/ vocabulary through the context at first. And also, it can be helpful to reduce the speed of subtitles in order to learn better the sound of the word and it come to you in a more natural way :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Hello Ervin,
Thanks for your reply. I already reduce the speed of course :). But I was thinking that for beginner they were proposing very short video e.g. 4mins instead of 12 mins. But I tried to understand all the words, sentences instead of the expression/ vocabulary through the context at first.
Thanks for the advice.

2 Likes

Hi!
My suggestion would be to pick up very short movies and try first to understand the general context and some words. Then you can watch the same movie again, focusing on new words and expressions each time. If you’re learning Spanish, I recommend watching these short films:
“Immature”: Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
“In the clouds” : Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
“BETA” : Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie

Let me know if you liked them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hello Deborah,
Thanks I will try the short movie you suggested me.But that’s a pity that the software gave you the inappropriate move because they asked you the level you have.

Thanks again I will let you know the one I preferred.

Regards.

1 Like

Debora,
I had a look on the the movie you suggested but they are long : 13 mins, 20 mins… I am confused about the length of these movie. do you have some suggestion around 4 mins or so.
Thanks.
Serge

Had a look on Beta, pretty nice indeed. But know I have to be more focus on Spanish words than English. Thanks Again.

1 Like

Hi!
“Cindy&Maite” is a good TV show with episodes that are around 4 mins. : Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
Another good option is the Cartoon “Maria Perez” with episodes that are around 5 mins.
Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
Also “Adventures of a broken heart” has short episodes around 3 mins. Learn a Language with TV Shows and Movies - Lingopie
I hope this will be more helpful. :relieved:

1 Like

Hi Debora,

Thanks perfect, I had a look on Cindy&Maite" quite fun and short, designed for me :). Thanks again.

Have a good day.

2 Likes

Great!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Enjoy the show!