Which is your favorite insult?

The Spanish insults are really good, and one of the first things that we learn when we get to know another language are the insults. My favorite is: Hijueputa. :rofl:

Which is yours? Which others do you know? :thinking: :sweat_smile:

Imgur

5 Likes

In Córdoba (Argentinian Province) I learned to say Che Culiao, and now I say it all the time :astonished:

4 Likes

JAJAJA!
In Chile they use a lot CTM = Concha de tu madre.
Not a very nice word :sweat_smile: but very popular there. They also use it between friends!!

3 Likes

Something funny we do here in Argentina is using some emphasizing words in the insults.

So, for example:

• “La concha de la lora” becomes “La recalcada concha de la lora” (we also have something against parrots, somehow)
  • “Sos un hijo de puta” becomes “Sos un reverendo hijo de puta” (it’s like saying “You’re a real motherfucker”)

The stronger the r’s in those words, the angrier you are! :rofl:

Also, although not really an insult, in Argentina we use the word “pedo” (basically “fart”) in a lot of different contexts:

• “Hacer algo de pedo” (To do sth by pure luck)
  • “Estar AL pedo” (to be idly doing nothing, if you are “al pedo” you are free to do anything)
  • “Estar EN pedo” (to be drunk) (“Me voy a poner en pedo” = I’m gonna get wasted)
  • “Ir a los pedos” (To go really, really fast, hurried)
6 Likes

One that I’ve heard in some Mexican series is “hijo de la chingada”, and I like it since then :sweat_smile:

2 Likes