Why are you learning French?

Hello les amis!

I would love to hear the reasons why you are learning French.

In my case, I started just for fun, and then it became a job opportunity. So, Lingopie is giving me the chance to get back in contact with the language.

What about you? :ear:

1 Like

I want to learn for travel. Am a total beginner.

3 Likes

Hi! I used to speak French when I was younger. I slowly stopped practicing it and now I want to get back ai it. I think Lingopie is the best for me because I already have the basis but I need to hear the language in order to remember it and practice it. :relieved:

1 Like

I wish to learn French and travel to Martinique. Also wish to speak Creole. That can help in Miami.

1 Like

Hi! I’ve started learning French last year, but I started learning it because I’m planning on travelling to France this year to work in the summer season! :purple_heart: :blush:

1 Like

Bonjour,
I am recently retired. I took French in high school many, many years ago. I would like to improve my language skills for travel and fun.

4 Likes

The French teacher in a local middle school left during the pandemic and I stepped in to sub, based on my high school French. I have discovered that I really love it, so now I need to become fluent to pass the Praxis in order to get a license. Yikes! French was a loooong time ago! In addition, I get to teach Exploratory classes in Spanish, German, and Latin-- so I’ll be working on those too. I don’t need to be fluent in those though, so French is my concentration here. : )

2 Likes

Oh wow! I wish you the best of luck.
I’m sure you will achieve your goal very soon and become fluent :slight_smile:

I learnt French many years ago in school but have forgotten much. I want to work on my French again so I can converse in French with French friends.

1 Like

I am moving to France part-time as my new job allows this. I live in Ireland and have a maison de vacance in South West France.
I have been trying to learn French since purchasing this house in 2007 however have never got past a very basic level. Ultimately I will be retiring within the next 10 years and living full-time in France before then so need to get past basic level French so I can enjoy the the daily interactions.
Souhaite moi bonne chance,
David

1 Like

If you already knew some French before, Lingopie is the perfect fit for you!
Good luck :smiley:

Bonne chance David. ton plan a l’air super!
I’m sure you will achieve fluency faster than you think ! :wink:

I love languages. I have recently reached intermediate level in Mandarin, and, while still exploring the language, I’ve decided to try my hand at one for which I only know the very basics. I decided to do so on Lingopie, as I can gauge how much I understand in real dialogues, and plan my next lessons accordingly!

On y va!

1 Like

I studied French in high school and became a long-term middle school sub for French 1 during the pandemic. I would like to keep the job but I need to pass the Praxis, which is quite difficult in Foreign languages. Fortunately, I have the skills for level 1, so it has worked, but I need to acquire the skills for all levels for licensure. EEEEk!

1 Like

You are in the right place, on y vaaa! Good luck :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Salut Lincopains (Lingopie+Copains)!

I started learning french as a pain management therapy, as my medication at the time was not helpful and I needed something fun to take my mind off the pain. I am considerably better now, but old habits die hard, and it seems I am almost at B2, so stopping now will be a waste.

2 Likes

Wow, what an innovative and creative approach to pain management.
You should absolutely keep learning, great job :heart:

I’m learning because I’m getting to 2 years with my Parisian boyfriend. We met in London, and all of his family is French. While his parents speak English, I want to be able to give them the courtesy of them being able to speak in their native language. I also want to be able to talk to his extended family who are all monolingual. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s very nice of you.
Good luck in your language learning experience!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I started learning French out of pure curiosity. I wish I would have chosen German. Nonetheless I enjoyed every minute of learning French. I used the method Steve Kaufmann uses which is to have meaningful input every day in the language you are trying to learn.

1 Like