Willkomen, German Learners!

:de: Hallo und herzlich willkommen im Lingopie-Forum! :wave:t4:

You are now in the German Learners section of the Forum, and we are very glad to have you with us. This space is for you, so make the most of it!

• Do you have a grammar question? (I’m sure you don’t. German is famously easy after all, right?) :nerd_face:
  • Is there an expression you didn’t understand in one of or shows? :interrobang:
  • Have you found out a cool fact about German that you wish to share and your friends and family are getting a bit tired of your facts? :sweat_smile:
  • Do you need somewhere to talk about a great show you just discovered or get more recommendations? :tv:

If your answer to any of these questions is YES, then you are in the right place! Share your learning experience with other learners and with the Lingopie team!

And since I’ve just mentioned our team… I would like to introduce myself! Ich heiße Candela und ich bin Teil des Lingopie German Teams. (I’m Candela and I’m part of the Lingopie German Team) :woman:t4:

Yanett (@yan_yan) and Bettina (@bettinam_66344 ) are also part of the team, and you will see us around the Forum posting and answering your questions :smiling_face:

Now that you know us, we would like to get to know you. Tell us your name, where are you from, why are you learning German, your favorite show and anything else you want to share. Don’t be shy!

Schön, euch kennenzulernen! :heart_hands:

5 Likes

Thanks, Candela! And welcome everyone! :wave:t4:

3 Likes

Hi,
Nice to meet you all!
:dizzy:

3 Likes

Hi, Candela. My name is Andrew. I am from the US (Maryland). I am strongly thinking about moving to Germany in the next couple of years. I am pretty much a beginner in German though. I am doing the SmarterGerman program. My favorite show? I don’t have one. I don’t watch much TV. But I do like Bobs Burgers a lot.

I am still figuring out this platform. I will fumble my way through it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hallo, Andrew, und willkommen! :wave:t4: It’s great that you’re already preparing for moving to Germany. I must admit I haven’t’ watched Bob’s Burgers yet, it’s part of my infinite to-watch list.

:bulb: If you’re starting out, I strongly recommend checking our “Beginner Friendly” category for some easier shows. You can also reduce the speed of any video, no matter the level, and check the Mashup function within the subtitles menu while you are playing a video (it will play the video with English subtitles and show only some German words on top, so you can learn little by little)

If you have any doubts about the platform or the language, don’t forget to use the forum!

Viel Spaß! :smile: